Pricing guide and information
Because you cannot choose between network providers, our prices are controlled by the Commerce Commission, under the Commerce Act.
The Commission determines price targets for Orion based on its view of what is in the best long-term interest of electricity consumers in our region.
The latest edition of our Pricing Guide is now available. The guide explains in plain English our approach to residential and business pricing.
We also publish more detailed price schedules that outline our current prices, and documents that explain how we set and apply our pricing.
- Pricing policy
- Export and generation credits policy
- Pricing methodology view previous pricing methodology
- Connections and Extensions Policy
- Irrigation pricing summary
- Major customer pricing summary
- Agreements with retailers
- Optimised deprival valuation FY04