Solar / Distributed Generation
Are you considering solar / distributed generation?
We have put together some useful information on how to connect your solar / distributed generation system to the Orion electricity network.
Approving your generator for connection to the network
The approval process to connect your generator is normally completed by a qualified installer. Our aim is to have the process completed within five working days.
Connecting to our network requires:
- A licenced electrician to complete wiring and electrical documentation.
- An approved inverter. An inverter is an electronic device that transfers energy from the solar panels to your house supply. The inverter has built-in electrical protection systems that keep you and electrical workers safe. Find out more about solar system inverters and approved inverters.
Information on the size of your energy system. This allows us to manage network congestion of surplus energy.
Get connected now
We have two information packs available for people or organisations wanting to install distributed generation and connect to our network.
- less than 10kW inverters and solar systems
- greater than 10kW inverters and solar systems
- greater than 10kW diesel, wind and hydro