The Orion electricity distribution network in central Canterbury is ultimately owned by the Christchurch City Council (89.3%) and the Selwyn District Council (10.7%) which means we are effectively owned by the community we serve. We take our community responsibility seriously and aim to promote safe and efficient use of electricity.
View more information on:
Connecting to the network
- What you need before you can connect, the connection application form, distributed generation, electricity retailers, network code, ripple control systems, temporary supply connections, demolitions and frequently asked questions about the connection process.
- Retailer agreements, pricing schedules, load management and how to search for an installation connection point (ICP).
- Benefits of being a major customer, how to become one, pricing schedules and terms and conditions.
- Safety hotline contact phone numbers, safety information for overhead lines, underground cables, home owners / DIY, farmers, generators, trees near power lines, electrical safety laws, consents and permits.
- Environmental issues and community education.