Our purpose is to power a cleaner and brighter future for our community. This means that our customers are at the heart of what we do.
We don’t have all the answers, and that’s why we talk with our customers to find out what their needs and aspirations are. These conversations ensure we remain relevant to our customer’s lives.
We seek out our customer’s views on possible future investments, our customer service and how they see emerging technologies offering new ways to manage their energy consumption at home, in the workplace and on the road.
This has never been more important than it is today.
Things are changing
It’s an exciting time in the electricity industry in an era of transformation, driven by new technology and shifting customer expectations.
With lifestyles that are becoming increasingly diverse, customers are looking for flexibility and more choice with their energy needs.
We are giving our customers a voice in our decision making through our "Powerful Conversations" focus groups and workshops, customer satisfaction surveys and our Customer Advisory Panel.
Customer Advisory Panel
Established in 2018, Orion’s Customer Advisor Panel is a forum for us to engage with leaders of community groups and non-government organisations that represent the interests of a broad cross-section of our customers. With a customer advocacy focus, the Panel helps us understand customer needs, issues and service requirements.
Panel members represent a cross section of the community and reflect the diverse perspectives of our customers:
- Lisa Hannifin, Chief Customer Officer at Meridian Energy
- Kathryn Peat, Partnerships Manager, Canterbury Employers’ Chamber of Commerce
- Caroline Shone, CEO Community Energy Action
- Simon Templeton, CEO Age Concern
- Cherie Tirikatene, CEO SEED New Zealand
- Bebe Frayle, Burwood and Coastal Community Board member
- Matthew Mark, CEO/City Missioner at Christchurch City Mission
- Janetta Skiba, Director of Nursing / Education Coordinator at Rural Canterbury
- Geoff Ball, Managing Director at Hagley Windows and Doors
- Abigail Field, University of Canterbury electrical engineering student
- Dennis Carter, food producer and processor
- Vanessa Winning, CEO at Irrigation New Zealand
Panel members will help Orion to:
The first meeting of Orion's Customer Advisory Panel was on 27 February, 2018:
Meeting on 7 June 2018:
Meeting on 20 September 2018:
Meeting on 16 April 2019:
Meeting on 17 July 2019:
Meeting on 8 September 2020:
Meeting on 22 January 2021:
- There were no minutes for this bus tour of Orion infrastructure
Meeting on 28 May 2021:
Meeting on 5 November 2021: