Orion provides the electricity delivery service to electricity retailers under various agreements:
- prior to 2021, delivery services were provided under a range of “delivery services agreements” (DSA).
- from 2021, delivery services are provided under a default distributor agreement (DDA) prepared in accordance with a template regulated by the Electricity Authority, and the current version can be viewed here.
- delivery services can also be provided under alternative agreements negotiated specifically with individual retailers as an alternative to the DDA.
The following electricity retailers have an agreement for delivery services with us so they can supply electricity to their customers in our network area:
- Ecosmart New Zealand Limited
- Electric Kiwi Limited
- Forourgood Limited (Nau Mai Ra, Her Energy, LightforcePower, Comtricity)
- Hanergy Limited
- Kakariki Power Limited
- Kea Energy Limited
- Liberta Systems Limited
- Manawa Energy Limited
- Mercury NZ Limited incl Glo Bug and TrustPower
- Mons Ampere Limited (Ampere Energy)
- Octopus Energy NZ Limited
- Plus Energy Limited (Community Power)
- Power Edge Limited
- Raw Energy Limited
- Simply Energy Limited
- Switch Utilities Limited (Vocus, Slingshot, Orcon)
- The Embedded Network Company Limited (Tenco)
In limited circumstances, Orion contracts directly with a few of the largest customers to provide the electricity delivery service. View the current standard Direct Delivery Services Terms & Conditions.
View more information about retailers.